 Gaming / BrikWars / 28
Re: BrikWars Write-up: The Sword of Agot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 16:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Joe Comeau writes:
I hope you all enjoy it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~joecomeau/Agot/agot0.htm

Ahh, it's true-- the victors write the history books!

"And, as it is true in all other parts of the known world, humans also live
and thrive in Draak, an essential part of the kingdom."

Sure, but what they *DON'T* tell you is that the humans live in bondage and
misery! Slaves to the evil dragons! "Essential part of the kingdom" indeed!
Did you also know that Draak humans riding dragons were forced to wrap
themselves up so that as little of their bodies were showing? This is done
both to hide the embarassment of the dragons for needing assistance, and to
prevent the "lesser" humans from actually touching the dragons!

And this!

"Remembering how different the world was only nine hundred years ago when
all the kingdoms knew what peace truly felt like, a pang of sadness entered
the heart of the ancient dragon.  Knowing now that that sense of peace had
been eroded away like a giant bolder on the shore of some sea, slowly,
steadily and inevitably over the last millennia."

The TRUTH is that the Dragon Lord was sad *because* of all that peace
oh-so-long-ago! The bloodthirsty giant dragon had been planning the
culmination of his destructive desires for hundreds of years!

Deep in the lands to the west, The Shadow plans vengence... Uh, I mean
'justice'. Yeah, that's the ticket. "Justice".

DaveE