 Gaming / BrikWars / 253
Re: Vehicle Scorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 18:41:10 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
Dave Eaton and other programmers, come to our aid!

Dave's Troop Scorer is great! We love it. But we need a half-decent vehicle
scoring program.

"Please help me, Obi-Wan, you're my only hope."

I could handle the programming (result would be an open-source GUI app for Mac,
Windows, and Linux), but as I've never yet played BrikWars, I'd need a bit of
hand-holding on the requirements and logic.

Best,
- Joe

Joe,
Glad to get someone interested. It shouldn't be 'terribly' difficult. I've built
a VERY simple version using MS Excel's logic functions but it was never
share-worthy.

Essentially, we need something very similar to this
http://www.suave.net/%7Edave/bw.cgi but for vehicles. The inputs would need to
be vehicle size (a number), mounted weapons, and vehicle modifications. The
outputs would be more numerous, but vehicle stats come from a basic chart based
on the vehicle size, and then modified by vehicle modifications.

For example, I would enter the vehicle size of my tank as 120, the weapon (from
a drop down list) as a MkIII Blaster, and vehicle mod (from another drop down
list) as NONE.

The program would look up the Cost, Speed, Turn radius, Armor, Power, and Max
Acceleration/Decceleration of a vehicle of that size (there are only 6 size
catagories). It would bring up on a second line the Weapon's Cost, Damage,
Range, Usage Rating, and Power requirements. Since there were no modifiers,
nothing is added. If there had been, they would be placed behind the appropriate
output column for the vehicles stats.

Have I scared you off yet?

Aaron