 Gaming / 813
Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Before I write my big review of the game, I thought I'd again request
thoughts on the game. It would also be helpful for folks to post their
ship's and captain's names (I did get most of them off the board, but
the several folks who left early weren't up there any more). It would
also be helpful if you could point out in an already posted picture of
the game who you are so I can better connect you to your ship. Any
writeups of your ship's escapades would also be welcome.

Arggghh!!

I be Cap't Luckless from the ship Lucky.  My fearless crew decided to
attack the Island of the Undead right away and that was a great way to
initiate the boys to the cruel world of pirating.  After abandoning the
first pirate that made it ashore and losing my cannon(!!) while trying
to escape the island, I did manage to land on an island and get
something good (a shiny new cannon).  Unfortunately, I never got to test
it out (which is just as well as it might have been one of those
exploding cannons).  All-round, a truely pathetic first outing for my
crew...but we had a lot of fun and when they made it back to port, most
of my guys decided to take night classes in order to become
accountants.

A few thoughts:

I should have re-read the rules just before coming to Brickfest.  I
asked a ton of questions of a bunch of folks (thanks for bearing with
me!) and that slowed the game, I'm sure.

This was my first experience doing any sort of role-playing type game
and I really thought it was neat.  I want to do it again!!

We should have formed an alliance to take over that damned islander
island!! :)

Frank ran a great game...I don't know how he keeps track of everything
:)

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com