 Gaming / 824
Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:37:49 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Steve Burge writes:
We should have formed an alliance to take over that damned islander
island!! :)

   I'm quite surprised no-one did, one of the first thing the players have
always done when I ran my games is form into teams (Usually because they see
the bigger ships sitting on the tables and know that they will be brought in
later...). Usually they attack islands from two sides, splitting forces.

There were some short alliances formed, mostly towards taking over the • merchant
- though they didn't split it evenly, but then the other player who was still
around when the merchant was takeoverable had an easy line on taking over a
former PC's ship, and the 4th player involved had to leave.

I also wanted to add that it was Steve Campbell's clever letting everyone else
do the hard work of capturing the merchant (ok, he did engage the last few
turns) and then taking the prize which won him first place.

Frank