 Gaming / 801
Re: NELUG Tech Level 2 (medieval) game pictures etc..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:41:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
http://www.nelug.org/bw063001/

On a personal note this was by far the most fun I have had at a Brikwars game
yet.  Many of the rules and scorings finally clicked and I actually had all my
guys scored before the game.  This was my frist Tech level 2 game and I would
have to say I found it much more enjoyable than the higher tech levels.  The
hand to hand combat was fantastic.

Honestly, I think this was some of the most fun I've had with a Brikwars
game as well. I think the real fun of it was having lots of troop-on-troop
combat, rather than vehicle on vehicle, which tends to be a lot less carnagey.

Also helping was the fact that we (Team B) had a goal we had to accomplish,
and ran headlong into the fray. In past games all the teams cautiously make
their way to the middle of the board, then hesitate to come into range of
the enemy. (Lots of CC combat also helped as well)

My personal favorite moments from the last battle:

- The final collide of the Champions:
     Team B's champion finally scales Team A's massive rock-base and appears
at its ledge to wreak havoc upon the archers nested there. Team A's
champion, immediately sensing the danger, runs around in a circle 3 times
(almost 50 inches in one turn) and slams into Team B's champion, knocking
both champions over the precipace and down into the river 3 stories below.

- Fun with decapitated heads
     One of Team A's archers sat quietly in his tree-fortress, when
unexpectedly from behind, a katana from Team B's ninja slices his head off.
But being so far away from the action, the ninja decides to use the newly
amputated head as a weapon. He hurls it at an archer atop the huge
rock-base, killing the 2nd archer and knocking him the the ground far below.

- Hot horse
     Team B's cavalry quickly approached the rock face when suddenly a rain
of greek fire is poured down the cliffside and onto the ground below,
killing the rider of one horse, and setting the horse ablaze. But the horse
miraculously survived the 3d6 fire and ran as fast as it could into the
river to extinguish the flames.

- Archer Dominos
     Team A's champion, standing at least 20 inches from a group of 6
archers decides to eliminate the threat. She quickly hurls her two trusty
chakrams in their general direction and slices them down, all in one turn,
as the chakrams bounce from victim to victim, and then fly back to their
throwers hands.

- Oops
     As Team B advances towards its goal with foot-soldiers-a-plenty, Team A
retaliates on the lonely side of the base with a couple foot soldiers of
their own. One of team A's men quickly runs headstrong into combat with on
of team B's stronger foot soldiers. But quickly realizing that he can't
actually HURT team B's foot soldier, he merely stops immediately in front of
the foot soldier, and awaits his inevitable death on the following turn.

- Fun with an effogy
     ---CENSORED---

- Not the best weapon choice
     Not realizing the uselessness of short bows, Team A accidentally arms
themselves with several of them, realizing only after the fact that they
could *throw* the arrows further than they could shoot them out of a bow.
(Ok, so it was a newbie mistake-- he'll know for next time :)

- Too many ninjas
     Shaun quickly examines the board: "Well, the only thing to worry about
on that side are those 5 ninjas over there."

DaveE