 Gaming / 785
Re: BrikWars Forms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:55:43 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
I've been playing with the idea of putting Brikwars units into an Army
Builder definitions file...has anyone else started on a similar project?

Well-- Not sure what you mean by a definitions file, but my next enhancement
is going to be for people to be able to save their troopers to their own
armies. Hence each person can have an arbitrary amount of armies, each with
an arbitrary amount of troops. It'll then be able to score an army and
display more than one trooper per page for want of saving paper.

And then after that I'll probably look at scoring vehicles and adding them
to the army. Of course I've barely looked at the robotic rules-- and the
magic rules are VERY tough to do (as well as kinda broken), so they may or
may not be included. I'll have to see.

But I suppose the question I SHOULD be asking is how soon will the Brikwars
2001 rules be released? And how much re-coding will I have to do? :)

BTW, if anyone wants it (I've already had at least one request), you can see
the file I use to generate the stats for each trooper-class, attribute,
weapon, etc: http://www.suave.net/~dave/bw.txt

It needs a little layout work for understandability since it was laid out as
I worked on it (and exported from Excel multiple times) but it should be
MOSTLY comprehendable for any wanting to make their own scorer...

DaveE