 Gaming / 497
Re: Pirate fleet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:05:24 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

I think I'm somewhere around 100 "hull classes" (if this sounds like Greek to
onlookers, we are talking in terms of Steve Jackson's Pirate Game).  Almost all
of it built at one point, but much lying in ruins (son and friends) at the
moment.  I suppose I could scrounge together another 10 or so classes.  My ship
buying has come to a complete halt - I doubt I could transport the entire fleet
all at once.  I just acquire parts as convenient for customizing.  Oh, I'll
pick up a 2nd BSB if the price is right, and a SES one of these days, but if I
do, I'll probably sell off a RBR.

Yea, fleet transportation will be a problem. So will shelf space. If I
get everything built, I may star to decide to thin out my collection. I
suspect I may end up dispensing with many of the lines on the larger
ships as it would be a lot easier to pack them by de-masting them.

I don't have the 600 crew needed for all those ships unless I draft a couple of
hundred castle figures, but I've laid in spare morions, scarf-hats, and
tricorns along with weapons.  There's something satisfying about a trio of
pirate cutters crewed by Wolfpack figures.  I pick up the odd pirate lot of
figures, but I'm concentrating more on acquiring castle figs (more
transportable).  I don't need 30 actual castles to game with.  :-)

I may use some castle figs in my Pirate gaming, but probably don't have
much need (in my last figure sorting, I removed the town figures with
horizontal striped shirts because it didn't look like I'd be needing
them any more).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com