 Gaming / 1890
Re: LEGO game good for kids?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:27:11 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Joe Strout wrote:
   I’m looking for new ways to play with LEGO with my young son. When he gets older, I’m sure we’ll enjoy BrickWars and BrickQuest and Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game and so on. But they’re both too complicated and too violent for him at this point. The game I’m looking for would have the following characteristics:
  1. Not require many hundreds of dollars of LEGO (like ESPG) to play.

  2. Not too violent -- no killing, maiming, dismembering, or blowing people up

  3. Not too hard to learn -- should rely more on imagination and sense of fun than

  4. Lots of fun/interesting/silly things to do.
Can anyone think of an existing LEGO game like this? If not, does anyone have interest in kicking some development ideas around?

Thanks, - Joe

You could try Constructionary. It’s basically Pictionary with LEGO pieces.

Depending on your son’s age, some of the things you’re supposed to be illustrating might be a little difficult, and the piece count is pretty limited (less than 100, IIRC).

I picked one up on clearance for $8, and am currently collecting a palette of basic pieces for use with the game (i.e. 4 1x2 bricks in each of five colors, etc.). Of course, you could play with any decent-sized pile of pieces. I’ll post a review when I get around to actually playing it.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations