 Gaming / 1861
Re: IndyLUG BrickQuest Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:16:47 GMT

Very cool! I have to say it’s kind of weird to look at others’ pictures and see printouts of my stuff in the background, but hey, that’s why I wrote the game in the first place...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1058872 Nice standard there... is that a Diablo-style shrine of some sort, or just a “Hey! Evil in here!” marker? I really like the green-on-green squares method... I wouldn’t have thought of that.

I’ve been working on a few other module styles. Would a baseplate-based module be easier for most people than a brickplate-based one? Would a room-based module system be easier and allow more creativity?

Were the tall walls a problem? I only use full-height walls on one or two sides now so players can reach in more easily. I waver on using the 4x4 plate on figure bases too... it makes them easier to stand but tougher to place sometimes.

Awesome carnivorous plants: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1058874 Are you going to publish stats of what you used?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1058884 was this a fountain of blood or of healing cherry kool-aid?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1058887 that skull just screams “secret door!” to any knowing adventurer... the question is whether you’ll like what’s behind it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1058889 conveniently for any would-be plunderers, the wizard has foolishly left his healing and mana potions out of arm’s reach...

Did you play with the whole setup out in advance, or gradually reveal as players moved along?

I love lots of the other details, like the chair in the orc room (orcs eat bananas?) and the lurking water beastie. Was there a them or plot to the adventure that you’re willing to share?

If you like the BrickQuest rules they’re easily adaptable to open (non-dungeon) play, medieval at least... just use rulers instead of squares. I’m dealing with this explicitly in the next version of the rules, but the version’s not ready enough to release yet.

Awesome level of detail! Far more than what I usually manage to pull together...

Peter