 Gaming / 1521
Re: BrickQuest Modular Dungeon System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:59:38 GMT

I’ve gotten a few emails this evening and it’s obvious that there’s an interest in the game mechanics and that people are getting into outdated materials I had up on the site for a few playtesters and others to review. That’s fine, just realize you’re seeing some out-of-date and pre-testing stuff.

At the bottom of the http://www.brickquest.com/brickquest/modules.htm page I’ve added a link to a Word document of the current, post-GenCon rules. It includes almost everything there is to the game. If you don’t have a couple of fonts the rules page will look a little odd--I’ve talked to someone about PDFing them for me.

It does NOT include monsters, so I put a link at the bottom of the modules page. That link takes you to the monsters before testing.

There’s also a link to the page about the Lego-based character sheets which you can see in the photo of the dungeon. The “sheets” are used to keep track of almost everything--move, initiative bonus, attack and defense dice, magic and hit points.

The only things not represented are minimum and maximum range and the actual initiative roll. The page http://www.brickquest.com/brickquest/charsheets.htm has been updated today, with changes coming out of GenCon experience.

Sorry that the site’s kinda junky right now. I probably should have overhauled the whole thing rather than trying to announce just one part.

Oh, and I added a few photos of how the basic wall module can be jazzed up:

Peter