 Gaming / 1505
Re: Legality query...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.gaming, Mike Rayhawk wrote:
In lugnet.gaming, James Brown wrote:

I would like to retain the intent (don't make money off this game) of
"...I require that no revenue..." but I also want to allow people (like
me!) to charge a nomonal fee (like $2) to run Brick Battles at
conventions (like GenCon!).

I'm no lawyer, but if it were me I'd just say, "no revenue may be generated by
the use or distribution of these rules, except in special circumstances with the
express written consent of the author."

Does that mean people would need to ask your permission to use it at Gencon
then??? That's sort of the way that reads to me.

Yah.  I'd like to have it be a no-maintanance 'you can charge people to play,
but you can't make money off it' disclaimer.

And I'd like it to be short and succinct.  I realize these two goals may be
mutually incompatable...

James