 Gaming / 1503
Re: Legality query...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:32:04 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, James Brown wrote:
I have a question for the folks who are more aware of legalities and
such than I...

Currently, the Brick Battles rules have the following disclaimer:
-----
I require that no revenue is generated by the use or distribution of
these rules.
-----

I would like to retain the intent (don't make money off this game) of
"...I require that no revenue..." but I also want to allow people (like
me!) to charge a nomonal fee (like $2) to run Brick Battles at
conventions (like GenCon!).

I'm no lawyer, but if it were me I'd just say, "no revenue may be generated by
the use or distribution of these rules, except in special circumstances with the
express written consent of the author."

- Mike.