 Gaming / 1491
  Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

I noticed something on the BrikWars site the other night that caught my eye. It was the specific reference to the fact that the LEGO(r) trademark (and presumably other toy brick trademarks) had not been used in the instructions of the game, so as to (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

(...) If I recall correctly, the issue is the use of the LEGO name for a product that could potentially harm the LEGO brand. That is, BrikWars is a game of violence and destruction, and LEGO doesn't (didn't) produce toys with a violent and (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

I think it comes down to how you use the trademark. Using it in the name of the game will not fly (because people could assume the game was a product of TLC). Mentioning in the game rules that TLC makes an excellent set of LEGO sets that can be used (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

(...) It probably could nowadays; LEGO Legal's attitude towards fan web pages has definitely lightened up quite a bit since BrikWars first came out. It used to seem like the barest mention of the word "LEGO" in a website resulted in immediate (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

(...) Certainly seems to be true. The length to which they have embraced the community in the last couple years is an improvement, if you ask me. (...) Yes, that makes sense. It will be 100% non-violent, and if anything... aimed a bit more at kids (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions

(...) And it would be used respectfully. (...) I wouldn't even think of it. :) The game has a name (not yet finalized) that suggests the nature of the mechanism, but does not include the company name in any way. (...) This is precisely what I intend (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.gaming)