 Gaming / 1496
Re: Use of the LEGO(r) name/trademark in game instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 17:33:30 GMT

I think it comes down to how you use the trademark. Using it in the name
of the game will not fly (because people could assume the game was a
product of TLC). Mentioning in the game rules that TLC makes an
excellent set of LEGO sets that can be used in the game would be
entirely different. I think giving statistics for official LEGO sets
(such as pirate games do) should be ok, though that can be treading on
thin ice (I know many authors trademark many of the names in their
stories, and that has caused problems with games providing stats for
them).

Frank