 Gaming / 1273
Re: The Portable Lego Game (was Re: Portable Bot Factory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:12:54 GMT

    Steve, that's not true.  Most rules are indeed set up in the
"two-player" frame of mind, as was M:TG, but this is where creativity comes
in.

   MTG wasn't one of the games I was thinking of :) There are some great
CCGs out there that are multiplayer - Vampire:TES, Babylon 5, Middle-Earth,
Mythos (Although Mythos tends to be more you-against-your-deck than against
the other players) and I've spent a long time playing them with friends. But
there are a lot that are 2-player and you really have to struggle to make
them work as multiplayer games. Decipher's Star Trek and Star Wars are two
_prime_ examples and really annoyed me - I never found any multiplayer rules
that worked with these. I'm not sure how some of the newer ones (Such as
Harry Potter or Pokemon) play with more than two players as none of my
friends now really play CCGs :( I'm trying to corrupt them into
Mageknight/Heroclix now...

   Steve