 Games / 256
Re: X-Pod Play Off game included in LEGO magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:30:53 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

1)  It involves the X-Pods which I think are going to be a huge hit, due • to
their very high 'cool' factor.

[ ... snipped ... ]

I think you're right about this.  The TRU near me (Cary, NC) has X-Pods in
stock (or had them as of this morning).  My wife noticed them about a week
ago when she was there.  At that point the rack was full.  This morning, I
stopped by because I was in the vicinity and there were 4 left on the rack,
2 yellow and 2 blue.  I bought one of the blue ones which left 3.  As I was
walking to the checkout I noticed another woman carying 3 of them, she had 2
yellow and a blue.  I don't know if they were the last three or if she had
already picked them up.  Regardless, this TRU has sold through their stock
in little more than a week.

I think the price point will be a big seller too.  At $3-$4 (they were $3.99
@ TRU, I paid $3.49 at the LEGO Store in Schaumburg) they are priced at a
point where kids in the 6-8 range can spend their own money on them.

I'd love to see them at the Super Market, I'd probaby drop one or two in the
cart on a regular basis.  I had bought the the first two to have on my desk
at work but my kid have claimed them!  I am taking the blue one to work
today so that doesn't happen to this one.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com