 Games / 255
254  |  256
Subject:
X-Pod Play Off game included in LEGO magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:10:19 GMT

I discovered the X-Pod Play Off game today, included in the most recent LEGO
magazine.  Has anyone else had a chance to look at, or even play this game yet?

I like this idea for several reasons.

1)  It involves the X-Pods which I think are going to be a huge hit, due to
their very high 'cool' factor.

2)  It was free with the magazine.  How much better is extra free stuff with
something that is already free?  :)

3)  It ties gaming into LEGO, but with the idea of using some pieces you already
have, or in this case will hopefully soon have.  In my case the timing was
perfect, since my Shop At Home order also arrived today with my first X-Pod in
it.

4)  It then ties back to the website (http://www.lego.com/x-pod) where it gives
you complete rules and other things to download.  Again, more free stuff... how
can you complain?

Maybe I'm out to lunch... but this just all looks like a lot of fun.  And, it
looks like it was really thought out on the development side.  It's nice to see
a LEGO theme expanded upon but in a way that doesn't reduce the importance of
the bricks.

Curious to know what others think of this.

Now... let's just hope there is an X-Pod Series II in the pipe.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.