 Fun / Crafts / 54
Re: LEGO Fountain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:13:07 GMT

In lugnet.fun.crafts, Aaron M. Sneary writes:
In lugnet.fun.crafts, Bryan Beckwith writes:
Does water seem to have any negative effects on LEGO bricks?

First, depending on how much chlorine, you may get some bleaching

Also, if there are mineral deposits, they could cause buildup.

One more thing. Water erodes. If you run a fountain long enough (esp. with
minerals in the water, the bricks will begin to round off at the corners.

Something else to consider (especially if someone is planning to include a
water feature in, say, a train layout)...LEGO snaps together tight, but not
watertight. You'll need to epoxy the bricks together or seal the whole
assembly together with silicone to be sure the water only goes where you
want it too, and not all over the place. So if you intend to re-use the
bricks, there seem to be a lot of negative side-effects. Otherwise, I'd love
to see live water in some creations.

Matt