 Fun / Community / 9
  FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

I actually got two copies of this from friends and family at Christmas - ooops! Although it is a wonderful book, I can't really do that much with two copies that I can't do with one, so I'm going to give one of them away - Christmas Spirit etc :) I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

We have a winner! Frank Buiting sent in a story and poem combined which made me smile the most, not least because it describes a Christmas tradition that I would like to adopt! This is the tradition of giving gifts with a small poem attached - for (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 04:15:36 GMT, "Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote: <nitpick> (...) Technically, Sinterklaas and Father Christmas are different traditions. Though I do believe the name "Santa Claus" originates with the Dutch (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

(...) Ah - my mistake! Thanks for the info though! (...) Thanks for the re-translation too :) Cheers, Richard (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

I forgot to ask everyone if they would allow me to publish their efforts here - ooops, so here (after permission sought) is Anders Isaksson's entry :) The background to this is his entire family (five of them) had spent most of Christmas in bed (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

Yesterday I received my prize, and a wonderful prize it is! (thank you Richard!) Along with the book Richard wrote his own 'Sinterklaas'-like poem: It has come a long way, from that wooden shed, there are bricks you can code and books to be read. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

(...) [Nitpick part snipped because it's correct... nothing to add] (...) I would say this "rijmpiet"[1] could be a proffessional, I'll tell him when I see him ;-) (...) Not at all, it's rather hard to translate a poem. [translation stuff snipped] (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.fun.community)