 Fun / Community / 3
    Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Will Middelaer
   Woo Hoo, I get to start out a new group. Here is my dilemna: I recently donated an 8880 to a charity auction here in DC, and that went pretty well. The sale of that set raised $160+ for a local children's charity. Now, I would like to buy some sets (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

        Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Larry Pieniazek
     With unlimited time, the answer seems to me to design your own small sets from some set of larger sets you can get cheaply, and give those. With limited time, I dunno. Tough question. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

         Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Will Middelaer
     (...) Well, for anyone else out there contemplating giving sets to Toys for Tots or some other program, here's what I learned. 1) Though Larry's idea above is a great and economical one, for safety reasons Toys for Tots only accepts sealed package (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

         Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) This is not a SERIOUS suggestion (this IS .fun... after all) but who's to say that we could not, with our community resources, create packaging that would look like a sealed package, sufficient to fool the mundanes. Actually I am NOT (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

        Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Steve Bliss
     (...) Seems like charities will sometimes specify their target price. Maybe if you've got a charity in mind, you could call their P.R. and ask if they have a suggested value range or preference. Steve (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.fun.community)

        Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys —Jennifer L. Boger
   www.etoys.com has a section now that has discounted toys that they're going to give to toys for tots. I was hoping to set something up with WAMALUG where we each give one little set and gather them up and give from the group (or something). (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.community)