 Fun / Community / 5
Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:42:00 GMT

In lugnet.fun.community, Will Middelaer wrote:

Woo Hoo, I get to start out a new group.

Here is my dilemna:

I recently donated an 8880 to a charity auction here in DC, and that went
pretty well.  The sale of that set raised $160+ for a local children's charity.

Now, I would like to buy some sets to give to a charity that funnels toys to
foster care and underprivileged children.  Assuming I have X dollars to spend,
should I buy as many $2-3 sets as I can, or should I buy a few $15-20 sets.

The question is, basically, do I give trinkets to a bunch of kids, or do I
give really good sets to a smaller number....

Thoughts?

Seems like charities will sometimes specify their target price.  Maybe if you've
got a charity in mind, you could call their P.R. and ask if they have a
suggested value range or preference.

Steve