 Fun / Community / 8
Re: Donation Fun: Christmas toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 05:30:32 GMT

Will Middelaer wrote:

In lugnet.fun.community, Larry Pieniazek writes:
With unlimited time, the answer seems to me to design your own small
sets from some set of larger sets you can get cheaply, and give those.

Well, for anyone else out there contemplating giving sets to Toys for Tots or
some other program, here's what I learned.

1) Though Larry's idea above is a great and economical one, for safety reasons
Toys for Tots only accepts sealed package toys.

This is not a SERIOUS suggestion (this IS .fun... after all) but who's
to say that we could not, with our community resources, create packaging
that would look like a sealed package, sufficient to fool the mundanes.

Actually I am NOT advocating doing that. the TfT prohibition is well
intentioned and we should not try to defeat it (it's congruent with the
"no home made candy at halloween" I'm sure most of us have in effect for
our kids trick or treating)...

but I was mulling over whether to produce packaging for my set, now that
I am offering it with instructions.