 Fun / 96
Re: Fire when Ready.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:56:25 GMT

I'm not an expert, but I think that being proficient in the longbow was
difficult, and it was much easier and faster to train soldiers to use
muskets.

-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com>
To: <lugnet.fun@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 10:50 AM
Subject: Fire when Ready.

Not particularly being a history junkie and  being a bit of a lazy git. • I'm
asking a question here that I probably should be able to answer for • myself.

Anyway, What are the diffenences between a longbow and a musket in terms • of
range, damage caused, accuracy, ease of use etc.

It's been pointed out that in Brikwars the comparison comes down in favour • of
the longbow. If that's accurate to history, why the switch to gunpowder?

Some Brikwars stats
LongBow (and quiver) TL:2, CP:3, Range:12", UR:5, Damage:1d6+2
Musket TL:3, CP:5, Range:12", UR:5, Damage:1d6(slow)

James (who can't think of a tagline at this hour...)