 Fun / 61
Re: BrikWars . . . missiles.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:51:18 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Jason Rowoldt writes:
Why would anyone ever use missiles in BrikWars?

Take a compasision between a laser and a missile:

MkII Laser     20 CP/20" Rng/2d10+4 exp dmg/unlimited ammo

MkIII Warhead  14 CP/24" Rng/2d10+3 exp dmg/one shot deal

Uhhhhhh

In the first few editions of BrikWars, lasers weren't explosive, so there
actually was an advantage to using missiles.  When we changed the rating, this
kind of slipped under the radar.  We're going to change the rules so that
missiles cost fewer CP and draw a lot less engine Power to fire.

The Siege Weapons rules still need some work anyway, we're going to add more
gun distinctions.  There's going to be a difference between Blasters (which do
Exp damage) and Lasers (which do normal damage), and we're still working on
rules for high-powered machine guns like vulcan cannons which have a 'cone of
fire' rather than just striking a single point.  There's also a lot of
equalizing that needs to be done between the -CMP" ratings of the various
Siege Weapons.

- Mike Rayhawk