 Fun / 352
Re: Ack!!! Being slowly tempted by another toy line!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.fun, William Brumbach writes:
In lugnet.fun, Aaron West writes:
It's not even LEGO like, or a competator brand, but a Hasbro toy!  The new
Star Wars figures are so nifty looking, that I find myself weighing the
possible cost of "all the ones I don't have" against another couple of LEGO
TIE Fighters.  I am a recovering Star Wars figure completionist (I had to
have all, and then I had to have an army), and I would REALLY rather spend
toy-time on LEGO (and money), but DANG they is distractingly kewl!  I have
not bought ANY Hasbro Star Wars since, well maybe June or July, and then
ONLY single figures that I did not have before (Chewie @ Chess), rather than
all new releases.  I probably should sell them all off so I am not tempted
any more, but this IS an issue I've pondered since I was 4 and Dad brought
home the first 12!  ACK!!
Must...Resist...Dark...Side!
Aaron
(Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.  You're My only hope!)

Yoda, yes, you seek Yoda!

Dude, don't do it.  Buy more LEGO.  The Hasbro stuff will be on $1.99
clearance by the summer.  $8 Phantom Menace figs and obscene KB sales
completely killed my desire to buy anything from that line.  I've relegated
my funds to the original line (how come everything from 20 years ago is now
called "Classic?") and the newer 12" line.

Resist the temptation!  Make like Darth and chuck the Emperor overboard!

junior

Gotta agree about those interest killers, what did it for me was both the
Star Wars Fan Club exclusive figures (outrageous prices, forced purchases)
and the Episode One overkill (not very interesting).  KB just blows by
itself, it needs no help.
Thanks fer yer support!
Aaron