 Fun / 330
  new trains

OK, so we have lots of really strong hints (basically statements) that there is going to be a new/changed line of Lego trains coming out soon. As one of the people who doesn't know what it is, I'm darned near dying of curiosity. So, it ocurred to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) Chris, what you are referring to is what's known as DCC or Digital Command Control. And given the recent alliance between Microsoft and LEGO, I also think we can expect to see this trend in most upcoming LEGO products. I only hope that they (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

I have pretty much put immediate Lego purchases on hold based on the notion that Lego will be releasing new train items soon. Even with some of the bargains going around right now, I would much rather have new 9v train items than a bunch of $10 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) I sort-of agree with that. However, I'm officially supposed to be a castle fan, so I can continue to buy sets for castle parts. :-) (...) If they require a computer to run the trains, I would drop Lego trains and stick to castle, Technic and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) And I don't want to go buy a Windows PC. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

Personally, I wouldn't think that they would go as far as computer controlled layouts considering most individuals would not want to move their computer close to their track nor do they usually have enough space for even a temporary layout in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains

(...) For cost reasons I'd think LEGO would create a Micro-Scout sized computer with a little screen that would allow you to program each train into the system like DCC. A Scout type screen would be all that would be needed. Small and efficient. Of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new trains?

(...) I'd love to see them adopt some DCC-controlled motors, so that we don't have to do the surgery ourselves (even though Thomas Cook at WAMALTC has posted an excellent pictorial guide for those who dare to try!) The current motors also pass the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains)