 Fun / 316
  Re: Crossword 002

(...) Hi Suzanne! I love the crossword feature, though I think it's time for a new one. I was wondering: When we can expect to see puzzle #003? Especially since it is located in a prominent spot on the LUGNET site, posting a new puzzle about every (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Crossword 002

I agree. I would like to be producing these once per week. I took up quite a bit of time in building an American-style crossword as 003. Such a grid is much more difficult to fill. Then I wrote up all the clues for it (about 75). Just as I was (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Crossword 002

(...) Bummer. I hope you saved it! I don't suppose the word is one where the misspelling is a common variant or common mistake? I once saw a puzzle where the clue was of the form "common misspelling of the word that means x", which means to me that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Crossword 002

Ah! Those are great ideas. thanks. It is commonly misspelled (I think), it got by three people. But heck, with such a grid you get two clues per square and the other one is easy. My x-word software has acronym help built in. I'll try that too. The (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Crossword 002

(...) slang. (...) I think he's right they're probably not a problem. If it makes you feel any better about it I just worked a Sunday New York Times crossword in the last week (not their current puzzle, but #36 in the Sunday NYT Collection V.22) in (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.fun)