 FAQ / 904
Re: Color chart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:45:13 GMT

[xposted to lugnet.cad, because I get caddy at the end]
[FUT set to lugnet.faq]

In lugnet.faq, Suzanne D. Rich wrote:

In lugnet.faq, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Also you should consider putting ldraw/povray colors on the
page as well, so that we know what color to make our scala french bread
:)

I would love to add this.

The official, or recommended, LDraw color codes are listed at:
<http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/FAQ/#question-27>.

You might also check a page I put together awhile ago, with some color
information for LDraw.  It hasn't been updated in a while, and is surely
out-of-date and inaccurate, but it *might* contain some useful information.
See <http://blisses.home.att.net/colors.html>.

I found this message thread:

  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=133

but I have a Mac and can't display the .dat file.  Is is easy to make that work
under emulation (Virtual PC 3 with Win98)? or could I ask the community for a
screenshot (or other graphic)?

I put a new gif to <http://www.geocities.com/partsref/ldao/colchart.gif>.
It's slightly updated--the LDraw color codes are noted.  The chart was
rendered by LDLite, it's possible that not all the colors match the color
reference from LDraw.org.

Also, for all those who *can* view DAT content, I posted the new version of
the DAT behind this chart to <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/ideas/?n=121>.
View from the front, and it's best to not launch it into L3Lab!

Note to LDAO users: this is the same chart as displayed by the Color Chart
tool in LDAO.

Now I should grab the RGB values from Suzanne's chart, and make a
colors.ldl definition file.  Does L3P recognize the 0 COLOR meta-statement?

Steve