 FAQ / 809
Re: what (who?) was the first artculated mini-fig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 05:04:50 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Alan Gerber writes:
In lugnet.faq, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Alan:

The Ultimate LEGO book says they came out in 1978.  Related fact:  LEGO • says
2.3 billion minifigs have been made since 1978.  That's one minifig • part(head
and hair, pants, torso) for every person on earth!

Then a lot of people must have died recently. I have a vague
memory of reading that we are now more than six billion
people on this planet.
I meant one person gets a pair of legs, another gets the torso, and another
gets the head, so nobody gets a complete minifig.(There would be nearly a
billion minifig parts, though)
Alan
A billion parts left over, that is.