 FAQ / 799
Re: what (who?) was the first artculated mini-fig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:14:45 GMT

Aren't those 1978 sets?

KL

In lugnet.faq, Matthew Wilkins writes:
Actually, the first minifigs were released in 1977 with set number 575 Coast
Guard Station, which is the US release of set 369 Coastguard, which did not
have true minifigs, but the legless/armless/expressionless ProtoFig. Released
concurrently were 588 Police Headquarters (itself a US minifig-having version
of the European 370 Police Headquarters) and 590 Engine Co. Number 9.

I suppose that I should stop surfing the web looking up LEGO trivia and
actually do some work... oooh! Lunchtime!

-Cheese

In lugnet.faq, Kevin Loch writes:
1978 was the year (1 yr before classic space)

http://www.brickshelf.com/catalogs/1978/c78us-13.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/catalogs/1978/c78nl-08.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/catalogs/1978/c78nl-09.html

KL
In lugnet.faq, Craig Hamilton writes:

hi!

the subject line says it all. i just really wanna know. i've tried
searching, but just ended up confused! was it a yellow (or white?) spaceman?
..or was it a cop? was it '79, or '81?
  at some point in lego-lution, the face/arm/leg-less mini-figure became
the happy guy on the move we know today. or was there even... <gasp!> ...a
"missing link" mini-fig that i couldn't find!?

thanks for any info!

later ~ craig~