 FAQ / 782 (-10)
  Re: LEGO box

(...) I like the big pictures on the front (bigger than on the instructions on the large sets). And I like the alternate models on the back. So I keep the boxes. I do take out the cardboard inserts and flatten all but the largest boxes (which don't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

In lugnet.faq, Kieran Brady writes: --- snip snip --- (...) --- snip --- I have that one, has no use for it and will gladly give it away, you'll have to pay the postage though (it's rather big!) I live in Denmark. Mail me if you're interested. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I can see why someone would use a large one for storage. What I think is odd is that people sometimes collect the boxes. LEGO boxes just don't seem like the right material for a collection [especially if you never use the pieces [LEGO stuff is (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) sorting/storage. (...) I'm at ~35,000 pieces, and the boxes work fine, but then again, there's an entire room in my house pretty much dedicated to LEGO. I have about eight stackable large plastic containers about the size of LEGO tubs, two (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) "The Collective?" :) We are the Brick. Resistance is futile. You will be disassembled. (...) I try to keep one of each type of set box I own. Now, I do have an extra Explorien Starship box, but it's in Detroit (so ask me again in a few (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

If you're a 'collector', then the boxes are important, but since I'm a builder (not a collector) and have no intention of selling my LEGOs, I don't save the boxes ... but I do save the back panel from most boxes since they show alternative building (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) I keep almost all of mine these days. Some LEGO is bought for the collective, and some LEGO is bought for the set. I like keeping the set separated from the collective. Plus I think hand me down LEGO, from one generation to the next, will be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

(...) For storage, a collection, or sentimental reasons. If none of those are good enough reasons, then ask on lugnet to see if anybody wants them, and maybe you'll find someone. - David (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

I believe the box are useless but one question come up. If I want to sell that Lego Model in the future and will most lego fan prefer the parts in the box or just send parts in a zip sandwich bag? Ron Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO box

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote in message news:20000117.104043...uno.com... (...) This was exactly what I'm doing till my collection was about 10000-12000 pieces, then it was a must to changed the storage into a stackable drawer system. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact