 FAQ / 716
Re: FAQqage: How to get zero perspective from L3P?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:14:37 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <19990928.161727.5095.1.braml@juno.com>...
It's even easier than that.  Just run

C:\LDRAW\MODELS>l3p -o -cg30,45 -ca5 somedat.dat

and L3P will automatically compute the radius for an angle of 5.  I
almost always change the camera angle to something between 30 and 50.
(-ca30, -ca50)
For the faded L3P-LDLite-LEdit brick I dreaw, I used -ca1 (I didn't know
about the orthographic option)

Bram won the price. Please have a look at
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p_ca.html

As Jeff (onyx) pointed out, L3P already puts the orthographic setting inside the camera definition. It is commented out, so it has
no effect. I left it there to make it easy to experiment with. But as L3P doesn't take the orthographic option into account during
the automatic camera placement calculation, you may have strange results when removing the comments. So -ca1 is the way to go.
/Lars
Lars C. Hassing   "No sense being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway."
L3P page: http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p.html