 FAQ / 67 (-5)
  Re: Format of FAQ items

(...) How come? For specifying the ordering? For ease of editing? What about translations? Maintenance? Bookmarking? Grepping? (...) Something analogous to #include in C then? Would that slurp in an entire sub-FAQ? Or only relevant (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ data format possibilities

Todd, I read your post just after I put up my own. Ships in the night. :-P (...) 'Kay, I hadn't thought of that. I like it; the only real drawback I can see to this is how to phrase the category titles; e.g. translating: (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ data format possibilities

(...) Whoops, I forgot to list <UL>/<OL>/<LI> and <DL>/<DT>/<DD> -- gotta have those! Now this is getting into nesting... :) There are some good Perl5 modules that already exist for doing all of this (the HTML->text conversion, not the FAQing). (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Format of FAQ items

Todd, I'm geared to start snarfing the RTL Auction & Shipping FAQ, to start giving form to the LUGNET FAQ. (LUGFAQ? :-) I am torn between two data formats, though it should be relatively easy to switch from one to the other. I think that whatever (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  FAQ data format possibilities

(...) Separate files would make it even easier to parse. Also easier for editing, maintenance, and division of labor. Plenty simple to organize the individual translations using ISO 639 suffixes too, just like webpages, because then you can 'grep' (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact