 FAQ / 219
    How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces? —Jeremy H. Sproat
   Hey all, Is there any way I can find out information about specific Lego pieces? Suppose I wanted to find out if orange 2x2 macaroni pieces were ever sold -- how would I find out if they were? Could I also discover which sets the pieces came from? (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general)

        Re: How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces? —John VanZwieten
   I know James Jessiman had a fairly extensive (but certainly not exhaustive) database on what parts came with what sets in what colors in what years. I'm not sure if it's still available. As far as a LUGNET project, there is the lugnet.db.inv group (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces? —Steve Bliss
   (...) It's still there - (URL) Keep LDraw Part Search handy -- you'll want it to find part numbers. Steve (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces? —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) Thank you both -- you just answered a couple of FAQ items. Steve, do you have a URL for the LDraw Part Search utility? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces? —Steve Bliss
   (...) It's Anders Isaksson's LDLIST, available at (URL). But you need LDraw installed to use it. So an alternate parts-reference tool might be appropriate, such as Technica or Lutz' page, or my occasionally-maintained site: (URL) (links to Technica (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.faq)