 FAQ / 232
Re: How can I find information about specific LEGO pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 14:08:20 GMT

On Wed, 12 May 1999 21:42:44 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 1999 20:14:43 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:
I know James Jessiman had a fairly extensive (but certainly not exhaustive)
database on what parts came with what sets in what colors in what years.  I'm
not sure if it's still available.
It's still there -
<http://silo.riv.csu.edu.au/~jjessiman/lego/legopart.html>
Keep LDraw Part Search handy -- you'll want it to find part numbers.

Thank you both -- you just answered a couple of FAQ items.

Steve, do you have a URL for the LDraw Part Search utility?

It's Anders Isaksson's LDLIST, available at
<http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ldlist.zip>.  But you need LDraw installed
to use it.  So an alternate parts-reference tool might be appropriate, such
as Technica or Lutz' page, or my occasionally-maintained site:
<http://home.att.net/~partsref/index.html> (links to Technica and Lutz'
page are at this site).

Actually, if someone wanted to index James' reference pages for better
searching, that would be way cool.

Steve