 FAQ / 1147 (-10)
  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) HSL and HSV are both valid models, IIRC I think they are close but not the same. I forget the difference. I think Luminance (and the entire RGB model too) is more useful or applicable for things that do color by giving off light, like monitors (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) OK. That's what Eric was suggesting. (...) No no... the reference was not a new *acronym* every week, but a new and humor-oriented entry to the "commonfolk's FAQ", which is more a joke than a real FAQ. I was not even *thinking* of "making up" (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black (subtractive color model vs RGB additive color model). CMY gives you a muddled gray/brown so K is added for pure black. Go to (URL) then option 2b, Color Theory for a nice presentation on the topic. I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) I'm assuming "CMYK" translates to something along the lines of Blue,Red,Yellow,Black? Or more appropriately "Cyan","Magenta","Yellow",K? (what the heck would K be?) If you had the CMYK values, could these be mathematically translated into (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) Actually, I think it would be good to post an already defined acronym to the main LUGNET page. Sort of an "intro to LEGO". That way new people are aware that there are acronyms and a place where they are defined. The current FAQ page is a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) ought to do that sampling on their own?? I was at an ink manufacturer recently and they can take colors in either RGB or CMYK but prefer the latter. (they also have spectrophotometers that you can just put things under and get ink recipes from (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) Huh. So you mean a post, once a week, including a single acronym that's *already* on the FAQ? Interesting. I wonder if that would be useful. Does anyone else think so, or disagree? From what I understood, the person asking me for the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Here's a different type, one for print colors (CMYK). To read those color values, use something like Photoshop to sample inside framed boxes. some of these may be considered official, as well as the naming scheme. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) Shiri, How about an "Acronym of the Week" instead/as well. A posting with an Acronym of the week with a link to your Acronym page might help a lot of people and cut down on the number of "what does 'POOP', 'SPUD', or 'BURP' stand for" (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: The commonfolk's FAQ

(...) else be interested in that? I think I could manage that. -Shiri (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact