 FAQ / 1115
1114  |  1116
Subject:
Lugnet browser cookies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 01:53:35 GMT

Hi everyone,

I had a quick question about the Lugnet newsgroups...does anyone here know
how to reset the browser cookies for posting? (I use IE5.5) I have been a
Lugnet member for a few months now (posting primarily on the lugnet.technic
newsgroup) and have noticed that ever since I first registered, my name and
e-mail automatically showed up when I wanted to post, which I'm guessing was
due to a cookie that the site placed on my HD when registering. Recently I
have had to reformat my HD and have consequently lost all web cookies. Ever
since I did this, I have noticed that I have to enter my name/e-mail every
time I want to post. It isn't too annyoing but does anyone know how to
rectify this problem? Since I didn't have to do this before the reformat...
(it automatically showed up) BTW sorry if these newgroups are not the
correct place to post this; they were the closest thing a could find to a
technical support-type forum. Anyway thanks in advance for any solutions
anyone here may have...

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.50megs.com/TC/