 FAQ / 1030
1029  |  1031
Subject:
search by "Phrase" (not "Keyword[s]")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 06:57:13 GMT

Todd,

How do I search LUGNet using a _phrase_ of keywords?
For a specific example, how would I search for those messages
containing the exact phrase "Lego geek code"?  (Please note
that I am specifically *not* interested in those messages
that happen to contain the words "Lego", "geek", and "code",
*unless* one or more occurances of these three words
just happens to be the exact phrase "Lego geek code".)

I've tried all variations of plus signs, quote marks, parentheses
(and brackets and braces), all to no avail.  I thought that
this question might also be of interest to new people as well.

Thanks,
Franklin