 People / Newbie / 40
Re: search by "Phrase" (not "Keyword[s]")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:57:48 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Franklin W. Cain writes:
You can verify this for yourself.  Enter the keywords
"+Lego +geek +code" into the Search black, and you will get
messages with the words "Lego", "geek", and "code",
in whatever order they appear.  When I do this,
I see dozens of messages by someone who has a "geek code"
(_non_-Lego geek code, I point out) in his ".sig" file
(aka signature block).  I would get the _exact_ same results
if I search using the keywords "+code +geek +Lego",
which is clearly _not_ the same _phrase_...

Todd?  Is this function available?  If so, how do I use it?

It's not, no.  It'd be there now if I knew how to make it execute efficiently.

--Todd