 Fabuland / 192
Re: Pleasently Surprised
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:10:27 GMT

Gerry Venteicher <Mrbear569@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FzAyEJ.LDo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.fabuland, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Hi Gerry,

This is good news.  I am happy for you.  I preordered  from S@H too (in
June).  I got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying they would ship • 8-31-00.
Sounds like they might be running ahead of schedule.  Maybe I'll get mine
this coming week ? !   Fingers crossed...

Mine arrived today!  (doing an inventory will post in database tonight)

Details please?  Why is this the best one of the bunch (besides the • bucket)
?  What 's the best element?  Has Mickey or Minnie caught any fish yet?

This set includes some great elements.  It has 3 detailed arches which I • am
sure to find some good uses for.  It also has some good baseplates, 1 • yellow
and 1 green. There are also a lot of accessories to create stories with. • The
instrucions are much easier to fallow in my oppinion compared to Mickey's • Car
Garage and Minnies B-day.

I agree.

Which of the new sets did you decide against getting?  Any particular
reason?

I am a completist so I will get all the sets eventually.  My wife likes • these
sets because she thinks they will be good for our child.  Our first one
arrives in 3 weeks.

How wonderful!  I wish both you and your wife the best.  This is both a very
special and somewhat difficult  / physically uncomfortable time.  Being a
parent, well it only gets better and better.  Each moment is precious.

Do you like Fabuland or the new Mickey best?  If were a character from
either, who would you be?
For me it's Fabuland.  I would resemble Bonnie Bunny, but be named sheree
rabbit.

I am a Disney fanatic so I would say the Disney.  I do wish however that
Fabuland characters would be a little more comparable in size.

Yeah.  MM figures are a bit too big.   And someone else noted in a different
thread,   Benjamin  Whytcross I think?,  that the MM figures' legs are one
unit instead of two.   This restricts movement and makes them less
positionable.  I had failed to make note of this until he mentioned it in
relation to something else in another theme.

I would have
to say I would be Mickey Mouse Because he is loaded and gets all the
chicks. :)

Hey,  Mickey only has eyes for Minnie.

sheree

a vintage kid,