 Events / BrickWorld / 71
  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and Food

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Bryan Bonahoom wrote: < snip > (...) For those of you interested in this sort of thing, you might note that the Sox are at home the entire week of Monday the 18th through Sunday the 24th against the Marlins and then (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) hmm. want to field a team? :) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Ok, thinking out loud now: Well, what about a home run derby or the like? Maybe a machine that pitches and a machine that hits... We could use those red and blue spheres that come with the nxt... Would ultrasonic sensor work for detecting the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  re: Baseball

(...) Yes, that could work. We just need someone to design a "standard" pitching machine that can toss balls a foot or two. Then, we need a "regulation" bat size. We could do the whole base-ball, but I doubt very many people could field a whole (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Unfortunately the ultrasonic sensor can't even detect the red and blue balls when stationary. (Unless you're REAL close: within an inch or two.) Their surface doesn't reflect much sound (perhaps something to do with the index of refraction), (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Although a robot pitcher and robot hitter would be very very kewl, just a robot pitcher and wireless remote control hitter would be very kewl. Like those old baseball machines at the beach. One would have to anticipate the lag and the speed of (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)