 Events / BricksWest / 731
Re: BricksWest 2003 Event Coordinator's Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:13:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Jake McKee writes:
Hey Todd!

So Matt had a great wrap up, but I wanted to address the invite list selection.

The Event Summit was meant to bring LEGO and the fan community together to
openly and actively discuss concepts related to events. The goal was to:

- Open lines of communication regarding events (both LEGO events and fan events)

- Discuss concepts for how to best support all LEGO events  (both LEGO
events and fan events)

- Brainstorm specific ideas around the new Make and Create products. This
was not meant to be simply getting "free ideas", but rather to put a
framework around this new communication in a way that is easy to show the
value to the rest of the company.

I think we carried this off better than I had hoped!

The invite list was meant to bring together the fans with the deepest and/or
longest experience with LEGO events. This was a really difficult task for me
to do, but I had to trim the invite list in order to keep things on track.
With 9 fans and at least 9 LEGO employees, we had quite a large group!

Sounds like you all had a great time.  Good list!  Yes, indeed it must have
been difficult!

Please don't feel shocked or upset if you (meaning everyone reading this)
weren't invited. Blame me personally if you have issues with the invites...
I did the best I could!

No issues here.  Thanks for clarifying what the goals were and how people
were selected.

Someday it might be fun, BTW, to have a summit of the larger community
websites -- LUGNET, BrickLink, BrickShelf, Peeron, BrickSet, LDraw,
1000steine, etc.  Maybe we can organize this and invite you guys!  :-)

--Todd