 Events / BricksWest / 370
Re: A BricksWest Critique?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:23:49 GMT

Note also, they don't HAVE to be fullpage additions to the catalog.  They can
simply be a cardstock insert stapled in the center with the order form, so that
allows making changes closer to BW'03 without affecting the full S@H catalog
layout (as changes to a catalog layout at the last minute are usually dropped
because of the hassle involved in affecting the ENTIRE layout).

It doesn't even need to be a color cardstock insert, B&W would do, as long as
the info is THERE.

Adrian Egli wrote:

Myself and others of SCLTC have begun our own little private discussion for
BW'03 (just before Todd put up his post on LUGNET, coincidence???).

I noted to the club LEGO has to do a better job promoting the event.  Yes, I
know BW'02 was a "first time" and LEGO could only put a small snip in their
magazine just before the show.  My suggestion is if LEGO is going to really
give its all for BW'03 then do it through a means that will really catch
attention.

I don't have full access to LEGO's consumer database but I imagine they send
out more SAH catalogs than Mania magazines.  So, doesn't it make sense that
LEGO should do full announcement of BW'03 in its Holiday and January SAH
catalogs for this February event?  Some investigating on my own of SAH
catalogs of 2K showing the LEGO Club Nation Convention (later known as
Kidvention) show it on pg. 24 of the January edition and pg. 16 of the
Spring one.  Both are full page announcements of this event.

Now if LEGO were to print such full page announcements in its Holiday and
January catalogs, they would not only catch the kids eye but possibly that
parent looking for that holiday gift while browsing the holiday catalog.
OK, so January does't work quite like that (unless mom/dad/aunt/uncle gave
jr. a sweater instead of a Legend set he sooo asked for!), but kids and most
AFOLs I know look forward to the January one because of the new stuff.

And, of course, put the announcents on LEGO.com and Mania too.

Understandably, this would be an issue to be taken up with LEGO and done
before they start printing those catalogs (and soon).

Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

--
http://www.sun.com/service/support/software/iplanet/index.html