 Events / BricksWest / 281
Re: If anybody cares
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:30:24 GMT

Phil, it was nice meeting you and David....and it was evan better talking
shop with folks that really understand all the Mindstorms stuff. I often pay
attention to the RTL happs and goings on. I wish you luck and hope to see
you guys at a simular event in the future.

Legomaster
www.mylegomaster.com

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Phil Schilling writes:
Hi everyone from Brickswest

Just incase you went to my brothers Mindstorms display at the pavilion and
were interested in how we did at the rtl X-Bot competition in Toronto, it
was an exciting time.
It was the biggest turnout ever which is good because that means that
Mindstorms are growing in popularity.
Unfortunately David didn’t complete his X-Bot, I guess the amount of work
spent on Brickswest wouldn’t allow him to finish it.
On the other hand after carrying my X-Bot across the continent you would
think I was getting good at it right?  Wrong as I was going down the stairs
I tripped and fell and my X-Bot crashed to the floor breaking into thousand
of pieces.  Fortunately we got there early enough that I could re-assemble it.
It wasn’t exactly the same but it worked well enough to finish 3rd.
There were some very clever creations and I was very impressed.   You”ll
hve to wait to check out the rtl web page to see pictures.
The address is:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/

Phil

P.S. Brickswest was awesome you guys did a great job!