 Events / BrickFest / 540
Re: 10001 Changes (was: Re: August Surprise...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:09:50 GMT

When I asked Brad about this at the 'fest, he said there were some
differences in the parts that maded up the train schedule sign, he didn't
say what parts though, nor did he say if the decal would be different.

my 2cents,

jt

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.trains, Troy Cefaratti writes:
There was much discussion between myself and those sitting around me about
the possible changes made to the metroliner.  The important debate centered
around wether Brad had said there were "minor detail" or "minor decal"
changes.  It was never confirmed either way what was actually said
unfortunately.

Fortunately though, Chris Leach actually had his metroliner instruction book
on hand.  We went through it and did not find any pieces that stood out as
being out of production.

Does this include the black electric pick-up on the roof?

Scott A

It seems that the set uses mostly quite common
parts, except for those with printing.  There were a couple of
possibilities, but nothing that would effect the overall model.

Comparing the new box art to the instructions, it appeared to be the same
picture.  So no info could be gained from there.

I'm leaning towards some of the printed pieces being replaced with decals,
but that's just my guess.

Troy

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
Getting back to a 11day old question with some info and some speculation:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jude Beaudin writes:

Did [Brad Justus] give any info on the minor detail changes?

While talking about the changes in the 10000 Guarded Inn, the impression I
got was that he considered those changes as less than minor.

So I'm expecting the Metroliner changes to be somewhat more substantial.
Maybe different minifig decorations, or maybe the ponytail hair isn't
available anymore.

Could even be that some parts are out of prod, so they had to finagle • around
a redesign.  But that seems more than minor, to me.

Steve