 Events / BrickFest / 52
51  |  53
Subject:
"doubling up" seminars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:27:07 GMT

...Just more babbling from me :-)

...Just from a personally informal look through the list of seminar topics we
could and do have scheduled, we may have some trouble if we don't run them at
least a few of them at the same time.

...So I'll bring up the topic of scheduling. What are some other people's ideas
on how to schedule things?

...IMHO: All the "good stuff" should be on Saturday. Friday and Sunday are good
for informal talks, or follow-ups, but the big guns come out on Saturday.
(related topic: what kind of "informal things" should we schedule on Friday?)

...If I remember the room layout correctly, we have 1 big room (the dining
hall), and an infinite number of smallish rooms (class rooms on the 2nd and 3rd
floors). If pressed, there are some sitting areas we can take over for panels
and demos too...

...Another thing to keep in mind. For anyone that was there last year, we will
be taking over the 2nd floor some this year. We need to try and schedule things
up there to encourage traffic between the floors. IMHO, the more people travel
between the floors, the more likely they are to stumble across something new
that they may find interesting.

As a disclaimer: none of this topic is intended to imply that Christina is not
doing a great job on the schedule, just some random babblings from me to see
what other people's ideas are.
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com