 Events / BrickFest / 51
Re: Brickfest events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:12:38 GMT

"Wilson Raska" <willy007_@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey all, I'm planning on coming to Brickfest this year for the first time.
We (my mom and I) live in Montana and are flying out to D.C.  We're not
planning on renting a car, just mainly using the metro, but I have a few
questions on the hotel.  I see on the website that the Comfort Inn is
recommended.  Are there any other activities going on at the Comfort Inn?
Is it within walking distance of the events and/or the Metro?  Is it
centrally located to other activities? (ie. The Outlet and Potomac Mills)
On Travelocity.com we noticed a Hilton Arlington Hotel on Stafford St. with
a "GoodBuy" rate of $120 per nite compared to $130 per nite for the Comfort
Inn. It seems a little closer to GMU and is right on top of the Ballston
Metro Station. Any suggestions or recommendations to us out-of-towners would
be appreciated.

...I don't remember exactly where the hilton is, but it sounds close if its in
Ballston. Either of them should be a short walk to the main BrickFest location.
And both of them should be only a couple of blocks from a metro stop (and bus
stops on just about every corner). The metro will get you to just about every
scenic place in town.

...At this time, there are no "formal" events scheduled at the Comfort Inn, tho
some people may hold informal events out there (if we find out about them, we
will likely post them somewhere).

...Potomac Mills is not accessible by metro. However, last year, we carpooled as
much as possible (its funner that way and that way, fewer cars have a chance to
get lost). So I'm sure you will be able to find a ride.
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat