 Events / BrickFest / 44
Re: Update 4/25/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:45:48 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
I just sent out the registration confirmations for those people who have
already registered. If you have not received you registration conformation and
believe that you registered please email me directly at chitchco@gmu.edu

I updated the draft Schedule
http://brickfest.com/schedule2001.html

I did not see either of the workshops/panels that I proposed, was that an
oversight or is there no interest?

...I'm interested! She may have either missed it accidentally, or not worked out
where to put it yet.

...Maybe we shouldnt specifically list the workshops/panels yet. Or list them,
but don't give timeslots. That way we can collect all the ideas then bounce them
around to figure out which ones should go where (seeing as there are a limited
number of "prime" slots).

...Could you list the panels and workshops already brought up (I should prolly
start tracking this too... seeing as I volunteered to help :-)

Things that should be considered for scheduling (and more brainstorming and
babbling on my part):

...Some of the panels may have workshops afterwards... For example, LCAD could
give a 30-45 minute talk/presentation of LCAD and POV then break to a workshop
setting for hands on work and play. So we would need to bracket their initial
demo time and designate a separate workroom. Likely the same with animation.

...We should think about target audiences. There's lots of overlap in interests,
of course. But, for example, we want to avoid a talk on castle building during
the castle roundtable... but we could prolly do a train talk during it. I
emphasize that there are lots of shared interests, but we will inevitably cross
some, but we can try to minimize it.

...Saturday is our big day. Things on Friday should be low key and informational
related (like Pirate game demos or Brickwars demos), lots of games, that kind of
stuff. Sunday should be continuations of workshops. With that in mind, we may be
forced to overlap some, or expand the talk slots on Saturday to earlier and
laters... :-/
...Perhaps we can identify "tracks" that would interest target groups (technic,
castle, trainheads, mecha) and schedule any specific talks to each group to
overlap ("how to build a castle" running at the same time as "mecha
construction") and leave generalized things that would overlap groups (like
animation) to their own area?
(I'm drawing the "tracks" concept from experience helping to schedule for a
sci-fi con... its hard trying to determine what to put in tracks, and there are
inevitably overlap and unhappy people who have to pick between two talks, but
when you start to load up the schedule like we seem to be doing, its the best
way to keep the most people happy)

el schedule queen, Christina:
...I'd recommend moving the workshops and demos to their own schedule grouping.
Kinda hard to sort them out when they are mixed in with other events (maybe
tabelize it so each room/area has its own column, times as rows?)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat