 Events / BrickFest / 3895
  Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest

I'm not going to BrickFest either, but: (...) I don't think it's so much of a matter of *switching* over so much as accepting bley in your collection and/or models. (...) You can use cool new pieces like 1x1 slopes, improved 2x2x2 slopes, those (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest

(...) What a last line... And I was enjoying your post until then as well ; ) I just can't embrace the bley (though I've picked up more than I meant to from those 'low percent' sets). It doesn't work (IMO) for stone/rock/cliff/castle and generally (...) (17 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Talk me into Bley at BrickFest

(...) I think you're right insofar as it doesn't quite match as well. And seeing the new light gray against the old really makes the new gray almost look a little pastel. So at first, yeah, I thought it looked awful as rock. But after seeing it get (...) (17 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.color, FTX)