 Events / BrickFest / 3612 (-20)
  A questions for those attending

Any big announcements this year? (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Not at BrickFest after all

I'm not at BrickFest.. I was wondering if I could participate in the Lego store shopping event by phone, since I did register and all. Just didn't quite make it there. We planned to drive the truck with MOCs in the back from Milwaukee to BrickFest, (...) (18 years ago, 26-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

(...) I have to say, I like these rules best. :-) I'm glad I hadn't packed yet. Thanks for clarification, Steve. I'm looking forward to this challenge! -Suz (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

WOW! I don't know how somwthing so simple got so screw up, but oh well. Somewhere months ago I posted the rules to Lugnet and I didn't bother to re-read Joe's discription so in a way this is my own fault. Originally there was to be only 100 pieces (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) I wanted to make the whole board but my wife only wanted a tray for the cards. (URL) card decks are each just under 7 studs wide, just over 10 deep and just under 1 brick high. (...) Always interested in a game of settlers. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

(...) Uh-oh... I emailed Steve (the address at the bottom of the game info) yesterday and got this response: ... Wayne, everyone brings two bags. each bag contains 20 regular bricks and 80 pieces that are not standard bricks. players will draw two (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC Card generator not working??

(...) Looks like that PDF was created at about 3:30 a.m., when clicking the link it shows up for me, and I double-checked that it's on the server. Could be one of those weird PDF caching issues, one of the drawbacks of generating PDFs on the fly. I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC Card generator not working??

(...) Jude, I found the issue with your MOC card. It has to do with the end of the description, which had a smiley face ;-) in it. That end parenthesis apparently messed with the code that generated the PDF, and prevented it from finishing. That's (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Contact numbers

Hey, another question - I always like to have some phone numbers I can call if something seriously goes awry with my travel. Anyone willing to share? Frank (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) That's a good idea! I'll try to make it known if I do something like that. As for others' questions: I'm keeping details and pictures private until after the Fest. ;-) -Suz (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: MOC Card generator not working??

(...) The MOC card generator seems to generate a 404 if no MOCs have their check boxes checked (should produce a more meaningful error message there). The MOC card generator seems to work if at least one MOC is checked. -dw (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) That's totally awesome. I'm not going to be able to make it to BF this year, and Settlers isn't really my cup of tea, but I can't wait to see the pictures. How did you manage the resource cards? Are they lego or are you using the ones from the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) [snip] (...) I'd love to try it out! Count me in if you've got any openings. Did you make functional LEGO dice as well? (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) [snip] (...) I'd love to try it out! Count me in if you've got any openings. (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) <SNIP> (...) That sounds cool as all heck. It's been a long time since I've played, but I'd love to have a go! I should be good for any off-hours time, but it might be interesting to actually play during the public expo as well. -Scott (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) OMGoodness!! I was soooo planning on making a 'LEGO-ized' version of Settlers in the near future! I would love to see pics of your version, Suz! Dave K -who doesn't play Settlers as often as he would like (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

(...) hm, the info is really contradictory... so here's the deal: 120 common parts in one bag 80 whacked out parts in the other 200 parts total. The bags will be placed in separate pools and people will draw one bag from each, so they have 200 parts (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Dirty Buildster question [was: BrickFest Event Schedule and Other News...]

(...) I received my mailer. :-) Very cool. A friend and I have some questions about the rules of the Dirty Buildster. There's contradictory info in there, so I'll just ask for confirmation: Each paper bag contains a total of 200 pieces. yes? Each (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Damage Sale at Potomac Mills Lego store ?

(...) No damage sale this year - inventory has gotten tightened up so there isn't damaged goods, unless you're *really* lucky. There will be hot buys, though - and there's a scoop sale at Potomac Mills too! What's that? Well.... More later:-) Joe (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC Card generator not working??

(...) Odder. Mine works. Joe (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact